Online Voting: Municipal Election 2014
Online advance voting has now closed.
Registration opens on October 6, at 10:00 a.m. and once you register, you will be able to vote online in Brantford. All eligible voters will receive a Voter Notification Card by mail. Included on this card will be your Voter ID along with your full name and address. This card will also provide the web address where you must first register to vote online.
How to Register:
- Click to begin the online voting registration process (opens in a new window).
- Once the page loads, click the “Register” button.
- Type your information into the required fields.
- When you are finished, click “Submit” to proceed to the next step.
- You will now be required to type in your voter details including your birth year as well as select a secret question and answer as a security precaution.
- Next, you will be asked to provide an email address. Please ensure that you provide a valid email address as your voter PIN information will be sent to this address. This PIN is required to complete the voting process.
- Once this step is complete, please click the “submit” button.
- You will now have an opportunity to verify your information is correct before you reach the final screen. Should you need to change any information, please click the “Edit” button located to the left of your screen.
- If your information is correct, click “Continue” which will bring you to the final confirmation screen. From here, you will be emailed your voter PIN making you eligible to vote online! This secure email will provide you with the website link you require in order to cast your online ballot.
- Open your secure email and click the link in the email, a new window will open and you will be asked to provide your Voter ID from your Voter Notification Card you received in the mail.
- Enter your Voter ID and you will be asked for your “Receipt”. This field is automatically generated so you do not have to type it in. Should this information be missing, you can copy and paste it from your registration email.
- Finally, you will also be asked to type verification text that is presented on screen.
- After this step click the “submit” button. You will then be shown your Voter PIN.
- Save this number in a safe place as you will need both the PIN and your Voter ID to vote.
How to Vote Online:
As of October 6th at 10:00 AM you will be able to cast your vote online.
- Click to begin the online voting process (opens in a new window).
- Click the “Vote” button.
- Enter your Voter ID along with your PIN. You will once again need to enter the Verification Text displayed on screen.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- You will then be shown an Oath of Qualification and a Notice of Corrupt Practice advising of the penalties for misuse.
- Once you have read these notices, click the “Accept” button to be taken to your ballot. Each race will be presented as a separate contest for which you can vote. The number of candidates you can vote for in each contest will also be displayed on screen.
- Make your selection by clicking on the name you wish to vote for. A check mark will appear next to the candidate you have selected. You can deselect a candidate in the same manner.
- When you are satisfied with your selection, click the “Next Contest” button to vote for the next race. When you have reached the last race for which you are eligible to vote for, you will be taken to the Ballot Confirmation page. This gives you one final opportunity to review your votes.
- You can edit your vote by clicking the “Go Back” button.
- If you are satisfied with your choices, click “Cast Ballot”. You will then be notified that voting is complete and that your ballot was successfully cast.
You may cast your ballot online until Friday, October 17, at 6:00 PM.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact our 2014 Election Team at 519-759-4150 or alternatively at email@example.com